Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Basement Bathroom

There was a Pittsburgh toilet in a wooden stall in the basement. I removed the most of stall and the old toilet. I then installed new water supply lines for a sink, framed a room around the toilet waste line and new plumbing, and hung drywall. The old cracked single-pane window was replaced with frosted glass blocks. A slightly-raised floor was installed to accommodate a waste line for a new sink and to provide a level floor above the old cracked concrete basement floor. I installed wiring for a new light fixture, then hung the fixture on the new ceiling. I installed the new sink and cabinet, then painted the bathroom in a floral pattern to match the sink and cabinet. Last I installed the woodwork – a new doorframe, windoe frame baseboards, and molding around the ceiling, all stained in red oak – and hung the door.






No comments:

Post a Comment